This position is responsible for the co-ordination and management of all purchasing activities across the council. The main objective of the position is to ensure effective purchasing and delivery of goods and services. This will be done through the establishment and rationalisation of key supplier agreements, identification of new opportunities, and activity seeking and applying ways to improve efficiencies whilst ensuring legislative compliance.
Additionally the position will be responsible for tendering processes and administration of contracts in accordance with policies, procedures and specified contract requirements.
- Establish and rationalise Key Supplier Agreements, identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
- Identify, control and develop purchasing processes and practices, to ensure Council obtains the best value for expenditure on goods and services.
- Provide support and advice to management and staff on procurement matters.
- Audit and provide key advice in developing, reviewing and implementing purchasing processes and practice.
- Review of purchasing arrangements with suppliers including price, delivery, performance and discounts to achieve reduced supply chain costs to Council.
- Develop, compile, reconcile, and/ or update information in vendor and stock databases to provide effective processing, information management and reporting.
- Ensure compliance to council's purchasing procedures.
- Co-ordinate the overall operation of Council's purchasing function to ensure goods, works and services are provided at the most competitive rates.
- Obtain quotations for the purchase of goods, works and services to limits authorised by the Local Government Act 1993 and Council resolutions.
- Provide staff training and control to other Council departments relating to the Council's purchasing processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Liaise with Council's suppliers to ensure the most up-to-date data is available for the supply of goods and services.
- Monitor organisational procurement trends and implement improved procedures
|Salary||1 Lac 50 Thousand To 1 Lac 75 Thousand P.A.|
|Industry||Purchase / Supply Chain|
|Work Experience||3 Years|
|Qualification||Other Bachelor Degree|
|About Company||Creating an effective link between the organization and the job seeker, at Abhass Consultancy, we provide the clients with the brightest and the best candidates according to their specific requirement.|